Got a cheque of Rs 70 from NHAI for getting charged twice in the Fast Tag lane

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I was coming from Lucknow to Kanpur and the car has fasttag. So I expected to get out of the toll in less time. The toll management always blocked the Fast Tag lane and allowed only the vehicles with fast Tag to go through. However, this time they allowed non fasttag vehicles too in the lane. I asked the toll person why is he allowing it and he told me that if I have any problem, I should complain. However, the way in which he said it, set me off and the discussion got heated. Icing on the cake, they told me that fast tag scanner is not working and hence they were allowing the vehicles with cash payment to let through the fastTag lane.

When amount is debited from FastTag, the sms is received like 15-20 mins later. I don't know if this happens to me only or maybe it is normal.

I paid the cash and came back home.

After some time, I received the sms too that my fastTag account has been debited too.

Luckily, I have kept the toll receipt with me and field a complaint on the email ids mentioned behind the receipt. I also lodged complaints on PGPORTAL and Jaagograhak and forwarded the same to NHAI officials.

After around 10 days, I received a call from a person saying that he Director Of NHAI in lucknow and it was quite unfortunate that the toll employees did what they did. He asked me if I would like the refund for the amount deducted in form of cheque or transfer direct to my bank account. I thanked him for taking notice of the matter and forwarded him my bank details.

Yesterday , I received a cheque and also a letter from NHAI.

Well, what to say, I am happy.

Posting the screenshots here. Maybe if someone faces this kind of situation on the toll, instead of getting into heated arguments, can complain from the comfort of their home. I don't know if the toll employees got some punishment or not. If they just ensure that only fastTag enabled vehicles are allowed, it would be such a relief.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
yes, it was quite professional on their part. Complaints made on PGPORTAL are taken quite seriously. I wonder if I had just complained to the email ids on the back of the toll receipt, would I have got the refund then too. Guess, I will never find out.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
yes, it was quite professional on their part. Complaints made on PGPORTAL are taken quite seriously. I wonder if I had just complained to the email ids on the back of the toll receipt, would I have got the refund then too. Guess, I will never find out.
Yes. I even got a partial refund from RCOM a few years ago due to PGPortal.

Fantastic gesture by NHAI. No wonder sarkari employees work. It's the just the few irresponsible cinema herds and political middle men that portray govt policies, institutions, offices in ill functioning manner.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Fantastic gesture by NHAI. No wonder sarkari employees work. It's the just the few irresponsible cinema herds and political middle men that portray govt policies, institutions, offices in ill functioning manner.

They do, I was a sarkari employee once, with CAG. I worked too.

It felt so good that complaints are heard.

adsatinder

explorer
What is PG Portal ?

Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS)

Link :
CPGRAMS-Home

How to put complaint ?
There are regular changes in page of such websites.
Please check accordingly.

How to Lodge a Complaint on PG Portal in Hindi | By Ishan

pgportal.gov.in: How to Register & then lodge your Complaint with Indian Government?

How to upload a complaint on PG PORTAL ||2018|| HINDI

MIND BLOWING

Published on Feb 4, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 8.2K
One Platform Where You Can Lodge Your Grievances For Quick Redress Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) is an online web-enabled system over NICNET developed by NIC, in association with Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG). CPGRAMS is the platform based on web technology which primarily aims to enable submission of grievances by the aggrieved citizens from anywhere and anytime (24x7) basis to Ministries/Departments/Organisations who scrutinize and take action for speedy and favorable redress of these grievances.
Tracking grievances is also facilitated on this portal through the system generated unique registration number.
Issues which are not taken up for redress Subjudice cases or any matter concerning judgment given by any court.
Personal and family disputes.

RTI matters.
Anything that impacts upon territorial integrity of the country orfriendly relations with other countries.